My childhood friend's family used to bring me on their Summer trips to LA which always included days at The Beach Club in Santa Monica, CA. Her grandmother was a member at this exclusive club on the PCH (uh, you have to be a member just to see their website) and I blame these visits for the start of my taste for "the finer things" in life.
Some memories from these Summers:
- Flirting with the towel boys
- Dinner with Chris O'Donnell (her uncle was an aspiring actor and they were friends. I was twelve and didn't really get the actor part, but we did think he was cute)
- Waking up at 7am and going directly to the pool
- Arnold Palmers
In all it's exclusive club goodness, the Arnold Palmer has become my drink for this Summer. Maybe it's because I'm not drinking margaritas or maybe because the combination of lemonade + iced tea is just the best thing ever. Here is how I make mine:
- Fill your favorite glass with ice (this one is from a set of four, a gift from Shelly)
- Pour 2 parts lemonade & 1 part iced tea (I use Tejava unsweetened bottled tea from Trader Joe's)
- Stir well
- For a little something extra garnish with a sprig of Rosemary
- Drink!!! Preferably through a brightly colored straw
While you are drinking imagine sitting on a blue lounge chair under a striped umbrella on your private block of sand while the friendly staff bring you fresh towels and as many Arnold Palmer refills as you want. And you can just charge it to Grandma's tab.