I got back last Tuesday, really. My trip to NY & DC with my bestie Faith was so fun and just what I needed. I can't thank my super husband enough - I owe him a fishing trip soon for sure : )
- Shooting lots of Polaroid - I have been living in Polaroid lately and I kind of love it.
- Cupcakes at Crumbs, NYC
- Hanging with Jenny Beth & my good friend Patrick (from photo school..he's 1st asst. for Mark Seliger ooh la la)
- Flea market in the Village, scoring on tie clips and Vera scarves
- Young designers' sample sale. We both bought necklaces by the lovely Jaymee Luu. Mine and Faith's.
- Museums in DC. We liked the first lady dresses, gem exhibit, finding a Wayne Thiebaud cake painting and a really beautiful Georgia O'keefe that nothing like the ones she is so famous for. I wish I could find it on the web to show you, but no luck.
- Eating lots and lots of good food.
Faith wrote a great post about our trip - she says it all so much better than I ever could. Read it right here.
And...I'm guest judging this week's contest over at i Heart Faces.The theme is "excited" and you have until 9pm central time this evening to enter. There are already 414 entries as I write this! If you are new to this blog it's a really fun way to share your images in their weekly contests. The founders Amy & Angie are dolls and talented designers & photographers. Definitely check out i Heart Faces and their individual blogs. Thanks girls for having me!
This week I am working on a lot of album designs, pouring over the almost 5,000 images we shot at Joanna & David's Ojai Valley Inn Wedding last Saturday, getting ready for our 5 year anniv. shoot on Thursday with Levi (birdcage veils, dominoes, vintage playing cards, handmade kites...should be a good time) and then taking off to Palm Springs on Friday for a little anniversary getaway to the Ace Hotel.
And it's raining today! It's a lot easier to stay inside and work with weather like this. Everyone in So Cal seems to be excited for this storm - it's been a looong time since we've seen raindrops.